Kafka >> mail # user >> kafka and ruby client, beginner questions

+
S Ahmed 2012-05-05, 21:44
+
Sebastian Eichner 2012-05-07, 08:07
+
S Ahmed 2012-05-07, 13:47
+
Sebastian Eichner 2012-05-07, 13:52
Re: kafka and ruby client, beginner questions
Ok sorry I think I was confused.

Once I have the offset, say I have the first offset (would it be 0?), I
then call consume and it gets me the next message, and I keep calling
consume till it reaches the end.
On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Sebastian Eichner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 3:47 PM, S Ahmed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Is it possible to query for a list of offsets?
>
> Your Ruby Consumer has exactly 1 offset. You can query it via
> consumer.offset (maybe take a look at the gem's sourcecode, its easy
> to understand).
>
> > From what I understand, each offset is not for a single message, but
> could
> > be a group of messages right?
>
> Not sure what you are referring to, but maybe you mix up the info on
> the Java Consumer, which handles multiple streams in parallel (and
> then does have multiple offsets). The Ruby consumer is much simpler
> (like the Java SimpleConsumer) and just works single-threaded with one
> offset.
>
> Sebastian

+
Felix GV 2012-05-08, 18:24