Accumulo, mail # user - number of query threads for batch scanner

Re: number of query threads for batch scanner
ameet kini 2012-09-26, 13:19
So I decided to try something different, and changed my splitting policy.
This ended up with more tablets per tablet server. Interestingly, this
bumped up my maximum concurrent scans on that tablet server. With about 19
tablets, I was able to go up to 6 concurrent scans, which ended up using
all my cores - happy! And I didn't change my numQueryThreads parameter from
the already very high number.

But that leaves me wondering whether the maximum number of concurrent scans
on a given tablet server is related to the number of tablets hit by that
scan on the tablet server. If true, that is interesting, and not what I'd
expected. Given  that the underlying files are immutable, I'm not sure why
there can't be, say, 4 concurrent scans on 1 tablet if there were 4 cores
free to host those scans. What I'm seeing, as described above, is I need to
further split my tablet into > 4 tablets in order to have 4 concurrent
scans.