Accumulo, mail # user - Access to connector inside a Mapper class?

+
Mike Hugo 2013-01-23, 18:50
Re: Access to connector inside a Mapper class?
Christopher 2013-01-26, 19:10
If you extend AccumuloInputFormat to make the required protected methods
public, you could do:

MyAccumuloInputFormat.getInstance(context).getConnector(My
AccumuloInputFormat.getUsername(context),MyAccumuloInputFormat.getPassword(context))
with your TaskAttemptContext in the mapper/reducer.

Or, you could store your own configuration options to re-construct a Connector
when you set up your job (you could re-use those configuration variables we
set, but that's... relying on implementation details that may change).

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 1:50 PM, Mike Hugo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is there a way to get access to the underlying connector being used by the
> Accumulo Input Format inside the map method of a Mapper class?  In certain
> scenarios, I need to be able to look up a value from a different table
> while iterating over a set of keys in the mapper class.  Should I just
> create a new connector instance?
>
> Mike

+
Mike Hugo 2013-01-28, 15:57