HBase >> mail # dev >> Performance Testing

Re: Performance Testing
I actually think that more measurements are needed than just per release.
 The best I could hope for would be a four node+ cluster(One master and
three slaves) that for every check in on trunk run multiple different perf
tests.
   - All Reads (Scans)
   - Large Writes (Should test compactions/flushes)
   - Read Dominated with 10% writes

Then every checkin can be evaluated and large regressions can be treated as
bugs.  And with that we can see the difference between the different
versions as well. http://arewefastyet.com/ is kind of the model that I
would love to see.  And I'm more than willing to help where ever needed.

 However in reality every night will probably be more feasible.   And Four
nodes is probably not going to happen either.