Hadoop >> mail # general >> Error after installing Hadoop

Re: Error after installing Hadoop
1. hadoop installation issues are something to discuss on hadoop user -see
http://hadoop.apache.org/general_lists.html#User

2. Hadoop 0.20.2 is pretty dated. You should try installing a later version.

3. There is a preview release from Microsoft of a Hadoop-based-system on
windows without Cygwin. That should be a lot easier to install on windows
box:
http://www.microsoft.com/web/gallery/install.aspx?appid=HDINSIGHT-PREVIEW