HBase >> mail # user >> Is there any way to balance one table?

+
Liu, Raymond 2013-02-20, 01:01
+
Ted Yu 2013-02-20, 01:08
+
Liu, Raymond 2013-02-20, 01:16
+
Ted Yu 2013-02-20, 03:23
+
Liu, Raymond 2013-02-20, 02:35
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-20, 02:58
+
Liu, Raymond 2013-02-20, 03:40
+
Ted Yu 2013-02-20, 03:45
+
Liu, Raymond 2013-02-20, 03:49
+
Marcos Ortiz 2013-02-20, 03:43
+
Liu, Raymond 2013-02-20, 03:48
+
Ted Yu 2013-02-20, 03:51
+
Liu, Raymond 2013-02-20, 03:55
+
Ted Yu 2013-02-20, 04:31
+
Liu, Raymond 2013-02-20, 05:52
Re: Is there any way to balance one table?
Hi Raymond,

Yes, tables are balanced on by one. Balancer is taking one table,
looking if it's already balancer or not, do the required move if any
is needed, and then move to the next table.

In your example, average is 23.25. 20% is 4.65. So everything between
18.6 and 27.9 should be ok. So balancer should remove some regions for
the 3rd server (19 i/30/23/21).

If you want to have that more evenly balanced, reduce the
hbase.regions.slop value to something lower, like 0.1 or even 0.05.
Don't go too low else it will never stop balancing the table each 5
minutes.

JM

+
Ted Yu 2013-02-20, 15:07