HBase >> mail # dev >> [UPDATE] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues

+
Stack 2013-07-27, 21:52
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-28, 18:14
+
Stack 2013-07-28, 23:01
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-29, 00:43
+
Stack 2013-07-29, 15:16
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-29, 15:45
+
Stack 2013-07-29, 17:26
+
Elliott Clark 2013-07-29, 17:51
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-29, 18:43
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-29, 18:50
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-07-30, 01:46
+
Ted Yu 2013-07-30, 04:23
+
Stack 2013-07-30, 04:47
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-07-29, 18:37
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-30, 02:02
+
Stack 2013-07-30, 03:44
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-30, 04:11
+
Elliott Clark 2013-07-30, 04:51
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-30, 05:16
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-07-30, 20:55
+
Elliott Clark 2013-07-30, 21:37
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-30, 22:29
+
Elliott Clark 2013-07-30, 23:08
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-30, 23:53
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-07-30, 22:28
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-07-31, 00:39
Hey Nick,
What's the functionality that we'll lose without the order-preserving part
being included?
Thanks,
James
On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 5:39 PM, Nick Dimiduk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Enis Söztutar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Let me elaborate. There are at least new RPC PB, PB structures in HFiles
> /
> > hlogs, and zk, table locks, bucket cache, online merge, stochastic LB,
> > hbase on windows, *new data types*, AM changes, favorite node assignment,
> > dist log replay, and tons of MTTR changes that are not run in production
> so
> > far.
>

> Re: new data types, allow me to throw my hat into the ring as well. I spoke
> with Stack this morning about a plan that I hope will allow the new data
> type API to squeeze in without requiring the order-preserving encoding. I'd
> like to get this API out with 0.96 so that users interested in adopting
> this feature can start migrating their applications sooner than later.
> Jealously, I want to start work on the Hive/HBase plumbing using this API
> and the Hive guys are only willing to accept code that is built against a
> labeled HBase release. I'm hoping other projects (*cough* Phoenix, Impala,
> Kiji *cough*) are keen to follow suit. It also allows for the feature to
> fan out internally -- Filters, Coprocessors, ImportTsv, &c. Using this
> approach, DataType and Legacy* friends come in for 0.96.0 and OrderedBytes
> can join the party in a 0.96.x when it's ready for adoption.
>
> Thanks,
> Nick

+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-07-31, 04:11