MapReduce >> mail # user >> RE: How to configure mapreduce archive size?

Re: How to configure mapreduce archive size?
The check for cache file cleanup is controlled by the
property mapreduce.tasktracker.distributedcache.checkperiod. It defaults to
1 minute (which should be sufficient for your requirement).

I am not sure why the JobTracker UI is inaccessible. If you know where JT
is running, try hitting http://machine:50030. If that doesn't work, maybe
check if ports have been changed in mapred-site.xml for a property similar
to mapred.job.tracker.http.address.

There is logging in the code of the tasktracker component that can help
debug the distributed cache behaviour. In order to get those logs you need
to enable debug logging in the log4j configuration properties and restart
the daemons. Hopefully that will help you get some hints on what is
happening.

Thanks
hemanth