Hadoop >> mail # dev >> mvn eclipse:eclipse failure on windows

+
Uma Maheswara Rao G 2013-07-07, 15:28
+
sure bhands 2013-07-07, 16:08
+
Chris Nauroth 2013-07-12, 18:15
+
Uma Maheswara Rao G 2013-07-13, 02:42
+
Chuan Liu 2013-07-15, 20:07
Re: mvn eclipse:eclipse failure on windows
maven-surefire-plugin configuration that sets the PATH environment variable
to include the build location of the dll:

https://github.com/apache/hadoop-common/blob/trunk/hadoop-project/pom.xml#L894

(On Windows, the shared library path is controlled with PATH instead of
LD_LIBRARY_PATH on Linux.)

This configuration has been working fine in all of the dev environments
I've seen, but I'm wondering if something different is happening in your
environment.  Does your hadoop.dll show up in
hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/target/bin?  Is there anything else
that looks unique in your environment?

Also, another potential gotcha is the Windows max path length limitation of
260 characters.  Deeply nested project structures like Hadoop can cause
very long paths for the built artifacts, and you might not be able to load
the files if the full path exceeds 260 characters.  The workaround for now
is to keep the codebase in a very short root folder.  (I use C:\hdc .)

Chris Nauroth
Hortonworks
http://hortonworks.com/