Accumulo >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Accumulo 1.4.4 RC4

Re: [VOTE] Accumulo 1.4.4 RC4
On Aug 25, 2013 7:23 PM, "Mike Drob" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 2:03 PM, Billie Rinaldi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>wrote:
>
> > There is another TODO: update the information for the most recent 1.4
> > release in the doap file on the website (
> > http://accumulo.apache.org/doap_Accumulo.rdf).  The doap file controls
the
> > contents of the Accumulo project page (
> > http://projects.apache.org/projects/accumulo.html).
> >
> > Done.
>

> > We use extpaths for the javadocs, so that it's easier to work with the
site
> > repository.  This means the javadocs do not exist in the svn tree or the
> > staging site, but they still exist on the published site.  It takes a
long
> > time to check in or check out the javadocs.  To replace the javadocs,
> > remove the appropriate entry from extpaths.txt, then check in.  Publish
the
> > site once it has compiled.  This removes the javadocs from the published
> > site.  Put new javadocs into the appropriate directory.  Check in, wait
for
> > it to build, verify the javadocs on the staging site, and publish the
> > site.  Expect the check in to take a while.  Delete the javadocs locally
> > and add the path back to extpaths.txt.  Check in, wait for build,
publish
> > the site, and verify that the javadocs still exist on the published
site.

> > There is another method for uploading generated docs (
> > http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html#generated-docs) but it hasn't
worked
> > the couple of times I've tried it.
> >
> > The 1.4 web manual was generated via a process that should not be
> > replicated.  I would suggest either leaving it as is, or manually
updating
> > it with important changes if any have been made.  Since the javadocs
update
> > is not easy, we could also consider leaving them as is, unless the new
> > version happens to address ACCUMULO-1532.
> >
> Alright, I'll leave the web manual and javadoc as is. For the PDF manual,
> do I just delete/upload the new version?

Yes, you can just replace the PDF.

Billie

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-107/archetype-catalog.xml
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-107/org/apache/accumulo/wikisearch-query/1.4.4/wikisearch-query-1.4.4-sources.jar.asc
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-107/org/apache/accumulo/wikisearch-query/1.4.4/wikisearch-query-1.4.4-sources.jar
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-107/org/apache/accumulo/wikisearch-query/1.4.4/wikisearch-query-1.4.4.pom
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-107/org/apache/accumulo/wikisearch-query/1.4.4/wikisearch-query-1.4.4.jar
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-107/org/apache/accumulo/wikisearch-query/1.4.4/wikisearch-query-1.4.4-javadoc.jar
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-107/org/apache/accumulo/wikisearch-query/1.4.4/wikisearch-query-1.4.4.pom.asc
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-107/org/apache/accumulo/wikisearch-query/1.4.4/wikisearch-query-1.4.4.jar.asc
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-107/org/apache/accumulo/wikisearch-query/1.4.4/wikisearch-query-1.4.4-javadoc.jar.asc
apache/accumulo/accumulo/1.4.**4/accumulo-1.4.4-source-**release.zip<
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-107/org/apache/accumulo/accumulo/1.4.4/accumulo-1.4.4-source-release.zip
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-107/org/apache/accumulo/accumulo/1.4.4/accumulo-1.4.4.pom.asc
apache/accumulo/accumulo/1.4.**4/accumulo-1.4.4-source-**release.zip.asc<
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-107/org/apache/accumulo/accumulo/1.4.4/accumul