Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Help a newbie on patch submission

+
Mostafa Elhemali 2012-04-03, 16:12
+
Devaraj k 2012-04-03, 16:50
+
Mostafa Elhemali 2012-04-03, 17:03
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-04-03, 17:19
RE: Help a newbie on patch submission
Thanks Aaron - that makes sense. Will do that.

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron T. Myers [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2012 10:20 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Help a newbie on patch submission

I believe the issue is that the Hadoop QA bot runs from a subdirectory of the project root, i.e. hadoop-common-project, hadoop-hdfs-project, etc.
Your patch only changes things under hadoop-dist, so I don't think it will work no matter how you format the patch.

For this particular JIRA (HADOOP-8241) you should just comment saying exactly what testing you did. A reviewer of the patch should probably manually apply it and test it out before committing it.

--
Aaron T. Myers
Software Engineer, Cloudera