Pig >> mail # dev >> Is there any reason not to make org.apache.pig.Main.getVersionString() public?

+
Jonathan Coveney 2011-11-15, 04:44
Re: Is there any reason not to make org.apache.pig.Main.getVersionString() public?
+1
I see no reason why it should be private.
Also, why do we try/catch throwing a RuntimeException which is Badâ„¢?
I think a client can reasonably recover from not finding the version string.

Cheers,
--
Gianmarco