Hive >> mail # user >> Hive mapper creation

Hive mapper creation
Hello list,

         Since Hive tables are assumed to be of text input format, is
it right to assume that a mapper is created per row of a particular
table??Please correct me if my understanding is wrong. Also let me
know how mappers are created corresponding to a Hive query. Many
thanks.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq