Accumulo >> mail # user >> compressing values returned to scanner

Re: compressing values returned to scanner
In other words, "handle compression/decompression in the application"  :)

I'm looking to see if there's a way to do this in Accumulo. Maybe a table
level config parameter. There's already the "table.file.compress.type",
which when set to NONE disables compression. Instead, I would like to keep
compression on, and defer the decompression to the client.