Hadoop >> mail # general >> [RESULT] Release plan for Hadoop 2.0.5

+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-14, 17:07
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-14, 17:40
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-14, 18:04
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-14, 18:10
+
Chris Douglas 2013-05-14, 18:22
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-14, 18:52
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-15, 07:45
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-15, 09:17
+
Chris Nauroth 2013-05-15, 16:31
+
Matt Foley 2013-05-15, 08:20
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-05-15, 16:50
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-05-15, 17:39
+
sanjay Radia 2013-05-15, 04:16
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-15, 01:45
Re: [RESULT] Release plan for Hadoop 2.0.5
Yes, Vinod. Thanks for understanding.

The plan is not to add any new features in 2.0.5. Only API changes to allow
potential feature backports in subsequent releases.
I will rename branch-2.0-alpha Arun created to branch-2.0.5 (right after
this), make changes on it, then release. Similar to branch-0.23 model.

Renaming of current 2.0.5-beta to 2.1 is great.
Do I understand correctly that renaming current 2.0.5-beta to 2.1 is a
change in CHANGES.txt and renaming Jira versions, since 2.0.5-beta branch
has not been carved?

Guys, please raise your voice to volunteer for the RM role? I will take on
it if nobody wants it.
I guess it will take a day or two to sort things out after the vote.

Thanks,
--Konst

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 6:45 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Have no idea what you meant there.
>
> Even though several others noted that it isn't clear what is being voted
> on, trying to make sense out of it, it seems that
>  - you don't want any new features at all in 2.0.5.
>  - The originally planned 2.0.5 *has* already got new features which go
> against this vote result.
>
> So I think, Arun proposed that we rename the originally planned 2.0.5 to
> 2.1 and you said yes. Arun then he went ahead and copied 2.0.4-alpha to
> 2.0-alpha where it can be 'stabilized'.
>
> And then this.
>
> Please make it clear. Unfortunately there are those who have the onus of
> reviewing/committing some 'features' to branch-2. Please let us know what
> is okay.
>
> Will start committing to branch-2 unless I hear otherwise.
>
> The other concern is about merging patches into this 'stability-branch'.
> Clearly the vote doesn't tell who the RM is and it isn't clear who is doing
> it. Till that happens, I'll skip merging patches to branch-2.0-alpha branch
> - whether the patch is a feature or a bug needs to be negotiated with the
> RM *when in doubt*.
>
> Thanks,
> +Vinod
>
> On May 14, 2013, at 11:52 AM, Konstantin Shvachko wrote:
>
> > Sounds like you are having fun, Arun.
> > 2.0.5 is explicitly in the subject line for this vote.
> > No worries I'll fix that.
> >
> > You should stop assuming - it's in nobody interests - and start reading.
> > --Konst
> >

> > On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:

> >> Thanks. I've copied branch-2.0.4-alpha as a new branch-2.0-alpha branch.
> >>
> >> This way you can start with a clean slate. Good luck.
> >>
> >> As I noted before in the thread, the APIs in branch-2.0-alpha will
> remain
> >> incompatible with branch-2.
> >>
> >> thanks,
> >> Arun

+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-17, 01:23
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-17, 04:10
+
Steve Loughran 2013-05-15, 00:50
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-15, 05:09
+
Aaron T. Myers 2013-05-14, 21:39
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-05-14, 18:08
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-14, 18:12
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-14, 17:26
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-14, 20:15
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-15, 04:42
+
Steve Loughran 2013-05-15, 06:09