Pig >> mail # user >> Question Regarding HBaseStorage Pig 0.8.1

+
Dan Therrien 2012-08-24, 19:56
+
Subir S 2012-08-26, 00:43
Re: Question Regarding HBaseStorage Pig 0.8.1
It works.

Dan, pig should have printed out the name of a file it's logging
errors to. That file will have a more complete error trace. Can you
send that?

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 5:43 PM, Subir S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think HBaseStorage does not work in this version of pig. There were
> few JIRAs, I cannot recollect numbers.
>
> On 8/25/12, Dan Therrien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I'm getting an error instantiating HBaseStorage ONLY when run on a cluster.
>>  Running in local mode with -x local does not produce the error and my pig
>> script runs successfully and the data is properly written to HBase.  The
>> error I'm getting is below.
>>
>> java.lang.RuntimeException: could not instantiate
>> 'org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.hbase.HBaseStorage' with arguments
>> '[attrs:values attrs:description attrs:tracksentId]'
>>       at
>> org.apache.pig.impl.PigContext.instantiateFuncFromSpec(PigContext.java:502)
>>       at
>> org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.physicalLayer.relationalOperators.POStore.getStoreFunc(POStore.java:218)
>>       at
>> org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.PigOutputCommitter.getCommitters(PigOutputCommitter.java:85)
>>       at
>> org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.PigOutputCommitter.<init>(PigOutputCommitter.java:68)
>>       at
>> org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.PigOutputFormat.getOutputCommitter(PigOutputFormat.java:278)
>>       at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Task.initialize(Task.java:511)
>>       at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.run(MapTask.java:306)
>>       at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Child$4.run(Child.java:270)
>>       at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>>       at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subje
>>

>> Any insight would be a great help!
>>
>> -Dan
>>

>> --
>> Dan Therrien