Hadoop >> mail # user >> How to update a file which is in HDFS

How to update a file which is in HDFS
Hi,
I have moved my input file into the HDFS location in the cluster setup. Now i got a new set of file which has some new records along with the old one. I want to move the delta part alone into HDFS because it will take more time to move the file from my local to HDFS location. Is it possible or do i need to move the entire file into HDFS again?
Thanks,
Manickam P