HBase, mail # user - Re: Connecting to standalone HBase from a remote client

+
matan 2012-11-26, 15:06
+
Nicolas Liochon 2012-11-26, 15:28
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-11-26, 17:38
+
Stack 2012-11-26, 17:38
+
Nicolas Liochon 2012-11-26, 17:42
+
Stack 2012-11-26, 17:49
Re: Connecting to standalone HBase from a remote client
Mohammad Tariq 2012-11-26, 18:16
    I was facing the same issue few months ago, but adding the above
specified three properties in my client and IP+Hostname of the machines in
my /etc/hosts worked for me. Is is OK? Another question, if HBase is
running in pseudo mode, then what's the harm in using localhost in
/conf/regionservers?Apologies for my ignorance.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 11:19 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 9:42 AM, Nicolas Liochon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > We would detect it and stop properly. It's true even in standalone mode:
> > one may want to launch a standalone cluster and connects remotely to it.
> >

> I made https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-7219 for now.
> St.Ack

+
Nicolas Liochon 2012-11-26, 18:47