Hive >> mail # user >> how to transform the date format in hive?

+
qiaoresearcher 2012-11-21, 23:15
Re: how to transform the date format in hive?
Could convert them to unix time which will give you two bigints that you
can subtract to get seconds, and divide result by 60 to get minutes, etc.

Tom

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 3:15 PM, qiaoresearcher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Assume we have two time stamp like:    9/15/2002  8:05   and    9/15/2002
>   9:05
>
> if we need to evaluate the difference of these two time stamp in terms of
> hours ( or minutes ), how to do that?
>
> Hive seems only support the format  'yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss' , how can we
> transform the two time stamps into the format that can be processed by
> hive?
>
> thanks for any suggestion in advance.

+
Ruslan Al-Fakikh 2012-11-22, 11:57