Jim Klucar 2013-02-13, 02:10
Keith Turner 2013-02-13, 18:32
John Vines 2013-02-13, 18:30
Keith Turner 2013-02-13, 18:47
I agree with the javadoc comment. I could even pony up to supplying a
patch for that. Also, the setProperty and removeProperty method names are
somewhat ambiguous. Since there are two get methods, perhaps
setSystemProperty and removeSystemProperty. To that end, before I wrote
this up at all I had used both getters, and neither worked.
John, can you be more specific about what an allowable prefix is? I think I
was setting something like "jim.is.cool", which may seem like it should be
an allowable prefix, my guess is that it's not.
On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 1:47 PM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 1:30 PM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I don't think your property is coming back because you're using
> > getSiteConfiguration(). I believe that just spits back the configuration
> > from the xml files. getSystemConfiguration() will return data as it is in
> I totally missed that. You do need to call getSystemConfiguration().
> I just went and looked at the code to be sure. Looking at the code,
> I think you can still run into the issue I mentioned where you read
> from a tablet server before the zookeeper event gets there.
> getSystemConfiguration() also goes to random tablet server to read the
> config. And following that through, it reads the config from a
> ZooCache on the tablet server.
> We really need javadoc for InstanceOperations.getSystemConfiguration()
> and InstanceOperations.getSiteConfiguration().
> > Zookeeper, which is where that property will be. I had no problems using
> > the shell to set a non-existant property (with an allowable prefix), read
> > it back, and then delete it.
> > As for the error, that's a bit new to me. Check to make sure there's
> > nothing in the master and tserver logs with it.
> > On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 9:10 PM, Jim Klucar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> I'm not sure if this is a MiniAccumulo or an InstanceOperations or a me
> >> problem. If I do a InstanceOperations.setProperty followed by a
> >> getSiteConfiguration, my property isn't there. Does it have to be a
> >> pre-defined property?
> >> More concerning if I do a removeProperty of the property I'm setting,
> >> seeing this:
> >> org.apache.accumulo.core.client.AccumuloException:
> >> org.apache.thrift.TApplicationException: Internal error processing
> >> removeSystemProperty
> >> at org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.MasterClient.execute
> >> (MasterClient.java:123)
> >> (InstanceOperationsImpl.java:86)
> >> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0
> >> (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:-2)
> >> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
> >> (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
> >> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
> >> (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
> >> This was all on a 1.5-SNAPSHOT I made this evening.
Jim Klucar 2013-02-14, 20:35
Eric Newton 2013-02-13, 02:18
Jim Klucar 2013-02-13, 02:22