Sqoop >> mail # user >> Sqoop hive import- specify hive database

+
Nitin kak 2013-01-30, 23:00
Re: Sqoop hive import- specify hive database
Hi Nitin,
would you mind sharing what Sqoop and Hive version are you using? The --hive-table command in form <database>.<table> is the correct and supported way. However I barely remember that I faced similar issue in the past, updating Hive has solved that for me.

Also please note that hive import is not supported when is Sqoop used from Oozie. Recommended workaround is to split the task into two actions - in first sqoop action import data into HDFS, in second hive action load them into Hive.

Jarcec

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 06:00:01PM -0500, Nitin kak wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>      Is there a way to specify the Hive database in the "sqoop-import"
> command into hive(using --hive-import). Tried --hive-table
> "<database_name>.<table_name>" does not work. I ran the command using Oozie
> but think wont work otherwise too.
>
> Thanks,
> Nitin
+