Sqoop, mail # user - Sqoop hive import- specify hive database

Re: Sqoop hive import- specify hive database
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-01-30, 23:22
Hi Nitin,
would you mind sharing what Sqoop and Hive version are you using? The --hive-table command in form <database>.<table> is the correct and supported way. However I barely remember that I faced similar issue in the past, updating Hive has solved that for me.

Also please note that hive import is not supported when is Sqoop used from Oozie. Recommended workaround is to split the task into two actions - in first sqoop action import data into HDFS, in second hive action load them into Hive.

Jarcec