MapReduce >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.2.0

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.2.0
On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 12:00 AM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.2.0 that I would like to get
> released - this release fixes a small number of bugs and some protocol/api issues
> which should ensure they are now stable and will not change in hadoop-2.x.
>
> The RC is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.2.0-rc0
> The RC tag in svn is here: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.2.0-rc0

+1 (non-binding)

Built a complete stack of Bigtop on top of this RC and run smoke tests
for all of the components (HBase, Crunch, Pig, Hive, Mahout, Oozie,
Flume, Solr, Sqoop 2 and recently released Spark). This generated
some 1000+ jobs submitted to the fully distributed secure and non-secure
clusters that Bigtop is spinning on EC2.

I'm happy to report that all the tests passed and it looks like Hadoop 2.2.0
will be an extremely solid foundation for the entire Hadoop ecosystem:

All in all, congrats on a really solid set of bits -- this is a really
big milestone
for Hadoop and its ecosystem projects.

Thanks,
Roman.