Sqoop, mail # dev - Version of future alpha release of Sqoop2

Re: Version of future alpha release of Sqoop2
Arvind Prabhakar 2012-10-23, 16:38
Hi Jarcec,

Thanks for the suggestion, and apologies for the late response. I too feel
that having version number is better than label qualifiers such as alpha.

Overall, I like this proposal and think it will be useful for our
community. I have a couple of optional suggestions to go with it:

1. We create a page on our Wiki that details this scheme so that users can
understand what state a release is in, and
2. Have a criteria established for switching over to the 2.0.0 version
sometime.

Of course, we can address these independent of adopting the version scheme,
so it does not have to be blocked on anything.

Regards,
Arvind Prabhakar