Pig >> mail # user >> Changing the schema before Storing

Re: Changing the schema before Storing
The STORE command doesn't take the AS clause, that's to define the schema
at LOAD time. When storing, just prepare your relation with the the desired
schema and then STORE it without the AS.

You can do all the transformations you need to before the STORE and Pig
will combine them all into as few logical processing steps as possible, so
no need to worry about specifying many transformation statements.
On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 7:31 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using HBaseStorage and I want to change the layout of the schema
> before storage. Specifically I want to group some values into a tuple (thus
> reducing the number of repetitions of the row and column keys).
>
> Even though the JavaDoc gives an example that uses AS schema Grunt
> complains that it is not parsable. Here's what I am trying:
>
> STORE dataToStore INTO 'hbase://tableName' USING HBaseStorage('cf:tuple,
> cf:date') AS TOTUPLE(val1, val2, val3), date;
>
> Is this possible? Or do I have to do the transformation in a separate step:
>
> dataTransformed = FOREACH dataToStore GENERATE TOTUPLE(val1, val2, val3),
> date;
>
> In case of the latter, can Pig be told to merge this step with the next
> one? I tried a nested FOREACH where I can have an assignment operation, but
> I quickly found out that STORE is not supported within the FOREACH.. what
> was I thinking :).
>
> Thanks!
>
> -- Younos

[EMAIL PROTECTED] going forward.*