Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Generic Supertypes/Pluggable Client

Generic Supertypes/Pluggable Client
I had chatted a little less than a year ago about doing something like
this. I finally had some time to sit down and do a little coding to show
what I'm thinking of.

The use of the various Text, CharSequence, and byte[] objects is really
overcomplicated for most users. It would be nice to have a better API.

While we're at it, it seems sense to make it pluggable. This has the
advantage of providing backwards compatibility with the current API while
still allowing us to tidy up moving forwards.

I've opened an issue to document thoughts on this as well as a github pull
request to document progress.

https://github.com/ekohlwey/accumulo/compare/apache:trunk...ACCUMULO-1551
+
Josh Elser 2013-07-05, 12:39