Sqoop, mail # dev - Sqoop2 Conf Call

Sqoop2 Conf Call
Kathleen Ting 2012-05-09, 21:18
Dear Sqoop Developers,

Today's Sqoop 2 kickoff conference call went well. Meeting minutes are
below and on the wiki (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SQOOP/Sqoop2+Weekly+Meeting+Minutes
).

Next week's call will be the second in a series of weekly conference calls;
please RSVP to me (without replying to the list) if you would like to
attend the next call, which will be next Wednesday (5/16) at 9am PDT. This
call will be a good starting point for those who are eager to understand
the current structure of the code and how we are planning on developing it
further.

I will send out the call details to those who RSVP and it will be great if
you could also include any specific questions/comments regarding Sqoop 2
that you would like to discuss on the call and we can budget the time for
the call accordingly. Once the call is over, we will be publishing the
minutes from it on the project wiki.

Thanks,
Kathleen
---

5/9 Meeting Minutes: Thanks for joining the first Sqoop2 conference call.
The purpose of this call was to go over what exists in the Sqoop2 branch
and help familiarize you with the structure and high-level modules within
the system. We walked through how you can setup a local installation of
Sqoop2: we looked at the code layout, checked out sources, and ran a build.
Following that we talked about the motivation behind creating basic modules
as well as discussed the next steps of identifying the roadmap as a wiki
page separate from listing subtasks under the umbrella jira SQOOP-365.