HBase, mail # user - Dual Hadoop/HBase configuration through same client

+
Shahab Yunus 2013-04-26, 22:51
+
Ted Yu 2013-04-26, 23:43
+
Shahab Yunus 2013-04-27, 05:20
+
Damien Hardy 2013-04-27, 06:51
Re: Dual Hadoop/HBase configuration through same client
Shahab Yunus 2013-04-27, 16:54
Interesting lead, thanks.

Meanwhile, I was also thinking of using distcp. With the help of hftp we
can overcome the Hadoop mismatch issue as well but I think the mismatch in
security configuration will still be a problem. I tried it as the
following, where the source has Kerberos configured and the destination
didn't but it failed with the exception. This was kicked-off form the
destination server of course.

hadoop distcp
hftp://<dfs.http.address>/<path>hdfs://<dfs.http.address>/<path>

org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(java.io.IOException): Security
enabled but user not authenticated by filter
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException.valueOf(RemoteException.java:97)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.HftpFileSystem$LsParser.startElement(HftpFileSyste...

Regards,
Shahab

+
Ted Yu 2013-04-27, 22:38