Hive, mail # user - Problems using hive JDBC driver on Windows (with Squirrel SQL Client)

Re: Problems using hive JDBC driver on Windows (with Squirrel SQL Client)
Vijay 2009-09-15, 22:46
Thanks a lot Bill! That was my problem. I thought my code base was pretty
recent. Apparently not!!

I have a follow up question. Why does the hive jdbc driver need all of the
jar files under lib *and*  the hadoop core jar file? It seems like the jdbc
driver is primarily acting as a thrift client to the thrift server.
Shouldn't the requirements then be much more light-weight?