From: Alan Gates [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 4:18 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Moving to Hadoop 0.20

As of release 0.3.0, Pig is still on Hadoop 0.18.  Hadoop 0.20 was
released 3 months ago and appears to be stable.  It also seems to be
considered a more solid release than 0.19 (at least by the Hadoop
developers and users I've talked to).  Given this, I propose that for
our next release (assumably 0.4.0) Pig move to Hadoop 0.20.   The 0.3
branch will continue to use Hadoop 0.18, and any major bug fixes in
Pig could be subsequently released as 0.3.x releases.

Thoughts?

Alan.