Hadoop >> mail # user >> Sync and Data Replication

Re: Sync and Data Replication
Thanks Harsh for detailed info. It clears things up. Only thing from those
page is concerning is what happens when client crashes. It says you could
lose upto a block worth of information. Is this still true given that NN
would auto close the file?

Is it a good practice to reduce NN default value so that it auto-closes
before 1 hr.

Regarding OS cache, I think it should be ok since chances of loosing
replica nodes all at the same time is low.