Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Testing expired sessions bug?

+
Ben Bangert 2012-08-21, 20:00
+
Jordan Zimmerman 2012-08-21, 20:02
+
Ben Bangert 2012-08-21, 20:13
+
Jordan Zimmerman 2012-08-21, 20:41
Re: Testing expired sessions bug?
On Aug 21, 2012, at 1:41 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Note, though, that Curator does more than what the FAQ describes for killing the session.

Ah, perhaps I'm misreading the Java code. It looks like it operates in the FAQ manner except it adds a watch for a non-existent node so that it can register a watcher for when it gets the next event... which is *assumed* to be a session being lost. The sessionLostWatch will get triggered for any session event, including a connection loss. I don't see anywhere that the original client is watched specifically to see that it has gotten a EXPIRED_SESSION_STATE event.

In the error I described originally, the first client *will* get its connection dropped, but will not actually be expired. If I was only watching for any event, and not specifically an expired session state, then my tests would appear to work.

I mainly program in Python, so its likely I'm missing something in how the Java ZK client or Curator works. Can you explain the technique here a little more?

Cheers,
Ben
+
Jordan Zimmerman 2012-08-21, 21:43