MapReduce >> mail # user >> Issue when clicking on BrowseFileSystem

+
murthy nvvs 2012-10-11, 04:54
+
Andy Isaacson 2012-10-11, 21:31
+
Serge Blazhiyevskyy 2012-10-11, 21:35
+
Kartashov, Andy 2012-10-12, 13:07
+
Harsh J 2012-10-12, 15:40
+
Kartashov, Andy 2012-10-12, 17:20
+
Andy Isaacson 2012-10-12, 18:09
+
Kartashov, Andy 2012-10-12, 18:42
Re: Issue when clicking on BrowseFileSystem
On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 11:42 AM, Kartashov, Andy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You are absolutely right.  It was inded  "localhost..:"   in the URL. When I changed it to my IP address the page duly loaded. Which .xml file is responsible for this setting?

It depends on which URL, you left out that part of the answer. :) When
you click the link on dfsHealth.jsp, does the error page have
nn_browsedfscontent.jsp in the URL bar, or does it have
browseDirectory.jsp in the URL bar?

The NN address can be specified with dfs.namenode.http-address and the
DN with dfs.datanode.http.address but you shouldn't need to configure
those by hand, the code is supposed to be smart enough to figure it
out automatically. It works in my Hadoop 2.0.x configurations here, so
I'd like to track down what is different about your configuration in
case we need to fix the code to DTRT for that kind of configuration.

The first thing I would check is to make sure your server name is not
listed as 127.0.1.1 in /etc/hosts on the server. Since this (arguably
broken) configuration is the default for some distros, it would be
nice if Hadoop could handle it automatically, but in my experience
things work much better when I delete that line from /etc/hosts.

-andy

+
Kartashov, Andy 2012-10-12, 21:09
+