MapReduce >> mail # dev >> I wrote a scheduler. How to compile and put it to action?

Re: I wrote a scheduler. How to compile and put it to action?
To compile it to a jar, rely on your build framework. Or pack it up
with "jar cf jarfile dirs…"? This is more of a Java question, can be
googled and is specific to the tool you use.

To set it into effect, for 1.x, drop the jar into the
$HADOOP_HOME/lib/ directory and set the
mapred.jobtracker.taskScheduler property in mapred-site.xml to your
fully qualified classname, and restart JT.

P.s. I'd recommend writing a 2.x scheduler as thats where the
project's moving and a load of things have changed. The 1.x scheduler
won't be compatible with the new 2.x releases.

--
Harsh J