HBase >> mail # user >> Overwriting qualifiers in an existing table

Re: Overwriting qualifiers in an existing table
Map/Reduce jobs are generally the best approach for working with every row in a table. You can read all about it here:

http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#mapreduce

I've never tried doing the specific scenario you're describing, but seems like it should work; you could change the example in 7.2.2 to Put your new qualifier, and Delete your old one. Try it, and if you're stumped, post a more detailed question about it here.

Thanks!
Ian