Hive >> mail # dev >> Running unit tests on Windows - Need some suggestions/help to fix exim & archive related issues

Running unit tests on Windows - Need some suggestions/help to fix exim & archive related issues
Hi,
I am working on running unit tests on windows. I have done some basic changes to handle path & diff related issues and most of them are passing now. It would be a great help if you can provide me some early feedback to fix exim & archive related unit test failures. Here are my observations.
1)      I noticed that some .q files (exim related) have native unix commands (!rm etc..) - Is there any recommendation on how to handle them. Something like "If windows (del) else (!rm)"

2)      Archive related tests are failing because of the missing setting "hive.archive.har.parentdir.settable =true". It is working on Unix with the same config file but not on windows. Is there any other place to set this setting?

Thanks,
Kanna
+
Edward Capriolo 2012-06-15, 03:26