MapReduce, mail # user - Reading part of file using Map Reduce

Re: Reading part of file using Map Reduce
Harsh J 2012-11-01, 03:12
IIRC you can do this, but MR had some issues if you passed it a
non-closed (but sync'd upon) file for splitting.

However, if you run into similar issues, try generating your own
splits over the big file via FileInputFormat#getSplits(…), which will
then work.

--
Harsh J