HBase >> mail # user >> Coprocessor end point vs MapReduce?

Re: Coprocessor end point vs MapReduce?
Hi Mike,

I'm expecting to run the job weekly. I initially thought about using
end points because I found HBASE-6942 which was a good example for my
needs.

I'm fine with the Put part for the Map/Reduce, but I'm not sure about
the delete. That's why I look at coprocessors. Then I figure that I
also can do the Put on the coprocessor side.

On a M/R, can I delete the row I'm dealing with based on some criteria
like timestamp? If I do that, I will not do bulk deletes, but I will
delete the rows one by one, right? Which might be very slow.

If in the future I want to run the job daily, might that be an issue?

Or should I go with the initial idea of doing the Put with the M/R job
and the delete with HBASE-6942?

Thanks,

JM