Hadoop, mail # general - [DISCUSS] Spin out MR, HDFS and YARN as their own TLPs and disband Hadoop umbrella project

Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-08-29, 03:50
Chris, thanks for initiating the discussion.

IMO a pre-requisite to this is to figure out how we'll handle the following:

* Where does common stuff lives?
* What are the public interfaces of each project (towards the other projects)?
* How do we do development/releases? In tandem? Separate? How this
will work in practice, currently we are constantly tweaking things
inter-projects, sometimes in the same JIRAs, sometimes in follow up
JIRAs.

Thoughts?

Thxs.

Alejandro