Accumulo, mail # dev - Is C++ code still part of 1.5 release?

Billie Rinaldi 2013-05-13, 14:21
On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 8:45 PM, Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I went through all the rpms and debs and tarballs to check to see if
> they were including the right things (ACCUMULO-1404).
>
> Personally, I don't think they should be in a binary-release... source
> code that needs to be compiled sounds like something you'd get out of
> the source tarball, so I assumed its inclusion was an oversight that I
> was correcting. (I did make sure the *.so files were included.) If
> there's a reason to keep source code in a binary package, then, I can
> add it back in, but really, if you can't use it out of the box, I'm
> not sure it should be in the binary tarball.

This would be a change from what we were doing with "dist" releases, but I
am not necessarily against it.  I find it nice to have the source there, as
I often look things up in it.  To reproduce the previous structure, would I
be able to just unpack the source release over the binary release?

Billie