MapReduce, mail # user - Predicting how many values will I see in a call to reduce?

Re: Predicting how many values will I see in a call to reduce?
Lance Norskog 2010-11-09, 07:40
It is key to the scheduling paradigm of Hadoop that it doesn't have to
tell you how many or when. It would have to store up all of the data
for your key before activating your reducer. This is exactly what it
cannot do and scale.

(right?)

--
Lance Norskog