MapReduce, mail # user - client side I/O buffering

Re: client side I/O buffering
Arpit Agarwal 2013-08-27, 21:31
Hi Lukas,

HDFS read-ahead/write caching is provided by DFSInputStream and
DFSOutputStream respectively (see CachingStrategy).

Other file system providers need to implement their own caching strategy.
FileSystem#open and FileContext#open just return a seekable input stream
with no read-ahead assumptions.

-Arpit

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE