HBase, mail # user - Lowering HDFS socket timeouts

Re: Lowering HDFS socket timeouts
Bryan Beaudreault 2012-07-18, 14:28
Thanks for the response, N.  I could be wrong here, but since this problem is in the HDFS client code, couldn't I set this dfs.socket.timeout in my hbase-site.xml and it would only affect hbase connections to hdfs?  I.e. we wouldn't have to worry about affecting connections between datanodes, etc.

--
Bryan Beaudreault