Hadoop >> mail # general >> DISCUSSION: Cut a hadoop-0.20.0-append release from the tip of branch-0.20-append branch?

Re: DISCUSSION: Cut a hadoop-0.20.0-append release from the tip of branch-0.20-append branch?
Does anything go wrong if HBase were to release the 0.20-append branch
as its own product?

Even if it were short-lived, it sounds like that would give HBase
users a working append, the HBase project could decide when to retire
that work (and support it concurrently with post-0.20 append), and it
sidesteps the versioning issue. -C