MapReduce >> mail # user >> Stopping a single Datanode

Stopping a single Datanode
Sorry - this seems pretty basic, but I could not find a reference on
line or in my books. Is there a graceful way to stop a single datanode,
(for example to move the system to a new rack where it will be put back
on-line) or do you just whack the process ID and let HDFS clean up the
mess?

Thanks
+
Nitin Pawar 2012-08-16, 19:21