HDFS, mail # dev - when datanode will delete these invalidate blocks?

Re: when datanode will delete these invalidate blocks?
Andrew Wang 2013-11-19, 05:46
Try looking in the heartbeat code on the NN and DN, it should clear things
up. The namenode sends these block invalidations to the DN on the DN
heartbeat response. The DN then deletes the blocks and on the next
heartbeat reports to the NN that it invalidated the blocks. The NN then
removes the invalidated blocks from the blockmap.