Pig >> mail # user >> UDFs in non Java languages

+
Asif Jan 2011-08-29, 14:24
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2011-08-29, 17:41
Re: UDFs in non Java languages
On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 1:41 PM, Dmitriy Ryaboy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Asif,
> Pig can only work with JVM-based languages (so, Jython for python and Rhino
> for javascript).
> You can use streaming to process data using R or non-jvm python versions.

Another option might be something like renjin
(http://code.google.com/p/renjin/).  I've not used it though, so
unfortunately I can't vouch for its feature set/capabilities.

Norbert