HBase >> mail # user >> Column qualifiers with hierarchy and filters

Re: Column qualifiers with hierarchy and filters
An example query would be the following, say the column qualifier was of
the form

<bucket #>:<msg type>

where <bucket #> should be an integer value, and msg type is a string. E.g.

1:abc
1000:abc
2: abc

would appear in the above sequence, which is out of order when doing prefix
filtering. Zero padding could fix this:

0001:abc
0002:abc
1000: abc

But is a limited way of ensuring the sequence of CQ (column qualifiers) is
correct, in order for prefix filtering to work. Are there other options?

- Nasron