Hadoop >> mail # general >> Hadoop Java Versions

+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-06-15, 00:16
+
Scott Carey 2011-06-22, 20:27
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-06-22, 20:49
+
Scott Carey 2011-06-23, 02:42
+
Steve Loughran 2011-06-23, 12:49
+
Scott Carey 2011-06-26, 19:23
+
Steve Loughran 2011-06-27, 11:38
+
Ryan Rawson 2011-06-28, 00:10
+
Ted Dunning 2011-06-28, 00:12
+
Segel, Mike 2011-06-28, 01:54
+
Ryan Rawson 2011-06-28, 02:33
+
Segel, Mike 2011-06-28, 03:49
+
Steve Loughran 2011-06-28, 09:59
+
Michel Segel 2011-06-28, 12:27
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-06-28, 17:25
+
Evert Lammerts 2011-06-30, 21:31
+
Evert Lammerts 2011-06-30, 21:37
+
Aaron Eng 2011-06-30, 23:18
+
Ted Dunning 2011-07-01, 00:16
+
Todd Lipcon 2011-07-01, 00:24
+
Ted Dunning 2011-07-01, 01:12
+
M. C. Srivas 2011-07-01, 04:08
+
Ian Holsman 2011-07-01, 04:47
+
M. C. Srivas 2011-07-01, 05:06
+
Ted Dunning 2011-07-01, 05:09
+
Scott Carey 2011-07-01, 17:22
+
Abhishek Mehta 2011-07-01, 18:53
Re: Hadoop Java Versions
On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Abhishek Mehta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

>  open and honest conversations on this thread/group, irrespective of
> whether one represents a company or apache, should be encouraged.

Paradoxically, I partially agree with Ian on this.  On the one hand, it is
important to hear about alternatives in the same eco-system (and alternative
approaches from other communities).  That is a bit different from Ian's
view.

Where I agree with him is that discussions should not be in the form of
simple breast beating.  Discussions should be driven by data and experience.
 All data and experience are of equal value if they represent quality
thought.  The only place that company names should figure in this is as a
bookmark so you can tell which product/release has the characteristic under
consideration.
> ... And in that sense we all owe ASF and the hadoop community (and not any
> one company) an equal amount of gratitude, humility and respect.

This doesn't get said nearly enough.
+
Ian Holsman 2011-07-03, 04:16
+