Pig >> mail # user >> Is Programming Pig book outdated?

Re: Is Programming Pig book outdated?
It is a bit dated but an excellent resource for learning Pig. We give each
new data engineer a copy! Probably the biggest change from my point of view
is the use of JSONStorage() now built in at 0.10 so one does not need to
wrangle with a custom loader. When I started a couple years back, the only
loader I could get to work with JSON was the one that Alan presents in this
book. Without that I would have pulled out the rest of my remaining hairs!

Robert Yerex
Data Scientist
Civitas Learning

--